Terms & Conditions
By ticking the box for the application form, I have read and agree to the rules set out in the Regatta Programme for Rowing and Swimming and for any Sailing events will complete an entry form provided by the Yealm Yacht Club. In addition to this I have read the legal liability below.
Entries on behalf of children must be complete with a parental signature on the reverse of this form. Entries for all other Regatta events i.e. Tennis, Crabbing Competition, Peanuts, Waterborne Treasure Hunt, Raft Race and Mini Marathon can be made on the day of the event.
By ticking the box for the online application form this form competitors, (or the parents of under 18 year olds) accept that they are responsible for themselves, their crew and their boats, including craft provided by the Regatta, and the Practice boats, afloat and ashore. Nothing done by the organisers will relieve the competitors, (or the parents of under 18 year olds), of their responsibilities.
By starting competitors, (or the parents of under 18 year olds), imply the suitability of their boat (or raft) and the competence of the skipper and crew or swimmer for the expected conditions.
The provision of patrol craft does not relieve competitors, (or the parents of under 18 year olds), of their responsibilities. I accept that during the course of the River Yealm Regatta photographs or videos may be taken of my child and I agree that these images may be used in any River Yealm Regatta publication.
To be signed by a parent/guardian if the competitor is under 18 years old; Under law this competitor is my dependent and is competent to take part and I am responsible for my dependent throughout the event. During the time my dependent is afloat or swimming I will be in the vicinity, or I will inform the Regatta official in writing who is acting ‘in loco parentis’ during my absence.
Spirit of Regatta Photographic Competition
The SPIRIT OF REGATTA rules of entry
- Competition is open to anyone.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entries should be submitted by via email to hello@RiverYealmRegatta.co.uk or by following the links at www.RiverYealmRegatta.co.uk no later than 11.59pm on Saturday 26th November 2022. Entries must be labelled indicating the entrant’s name and contact number. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and taken during 2022. It is assumed that photographs will be taken of/at a regatta or local community event during this time although consideration will be made to images entered of a different subject but of a similar ilk. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the competition, each entrant grants a perpetual licence to the River Yealm Regatta committee to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material and/or fundraising connected to this competition.
- A maximum of seven entries per person allowed. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries.
- Winning entries will be those that are judged to be the most visually appealing, emotionally impactful and self-explanatory. Two judgements will be made: one on technique and composition; the second will be judged on the human and emotional impact. Prizes will be awarded and images will be displayed at a special prize giving event.
- The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
We only collect such data as is necessary for us to communicate effectively about the River Yealm Regatta and to fulfil our obligations to the relevant person. Dependent on the category of the relevant person, we will collect: Name, contact information including email, postal addresses and telephone numbers. Photographs Videos
We will only use the data to communicate about the River Yealm Regatta. We will never sell or share the data with a third party, except in so far as it is required to deliver our services. We may use email addresses to send emails under mutual legitimate interest, such as emails connected with an order, information about the event and information about the next year.
Security of data
All Data is stored securely on our computers, access to which is password protected.
Access to Data
You may request details of your personal information held by us, by emailing email@example.com . You may instruct us to delete your information permanently or completely. You have the right to restrict the processing of your data.. You have the right to object to the processing of your data.
Retention of Data
We will retain your data for a period of five years after the date of a River Yealm Regatta in which you participated or which you attended, for our legitimate interests of marketing and communication. You may ask for your data to be removed at any time during this period. During the year following the 5th anniversary your data will be permanently deleted.