Regatta Dance Saturday 11th July
Regatta 2020 Finals 1st & 2nd August
Spirit Of Regatta Competition Entries 2014 - 2017
The SPIRIT OF REGATTA rules of entry.
1. competition is open to anyone.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Entries should be submitted by via email to or by following the links at no later than 11.59pm on Sunday 7th October 2017. Entries must be labelled indicating the entrant’s name and contact number. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
4. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
5. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and taken during the summer period 2018. It is assumed that photographs will be taken of/at a regatta or local community event during this time although consideration will be made to images entered of a different subject but of a similar ilk. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
6. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the competition, each entrant grants a perpetual licence to the River Yealm Regatta committee to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material and/or fundraising connected to this competition.
7. A maximum of seven entries per person allowed. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries.
8. Winning entries will be those that are judged to be the most visually appealing, emotionally impactful and self-explanatory. Two judgements will be made: one on technique and composition; the second will be judged on the human and emotional impact. Prizes will be awarded and images will be displayed at a special prize giving event .
9. The winners may be required to take part in publicity.